Warbling White Eye

Once called the Japanese White Eye, now recently changed to Warbling White Eye.
Processed on laptop… Lives in the brush.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

yup, there is a little noise.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 12800, 100-400 plus 1.4X, f8, 1000th, APC mode 18 MP, handheld, no flash, A7R4

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Great pose, excellent detail in the bird, and I like the small-in-the-frame presentation for what is a pretty small bird. Well done, David.

A beautiful bird, and a beautiful capture, David. I really the setting he in, and how it compliments the greenish look of some of the feathers up around his head and eye. I also like the way he is give you the head turn, and looking downward. Very nice! :+1: :+1:

Sweet capture of this species, David. I see them often when I am in India. I really like the habitat - particularly how you have framed the subject among the leaves - and the complementary colors in this image.

What? Noise at ISO 12800! :grin: Well, you did a nice job taming it as I really don’t appreciate much noise in the image. Nice detail and head turn and the background colors complements the bird well. Works as a nice habitat shot, though could also see a tighter crop to give more emphasis to the bird.

nice shot. Didn’t know they were no longer Japanese White Eyes. My emails to you keep coming back, so I’ll try it here. You may already know these places: Paleaku Peace Garden(especially hibiscus maze); around Painted Church; Old Kona airport both water side and especially gardens with walking path; Honokohau harbor- historic beach just north of (turtles, birds; might still be egret rookery at harbor end); waves if surf is up White sands (boogie boarders); energy lab area (big splashes) and Kua Bay North of airport across from road to West Hawaii Veterans’ Cemetery.

Nice environmental image and I love the eye ring on the bird. Good subject placement and framing. I don’t notice much noise so you must have processed the image very well.