Water Wheels

Water Wheels

I really like the wheel irrigation systems a lot of the farmers have in this area. They look old fashioned to me and I like how the water sprays out of them.

Specific Feedback Requested

I was thinking I maybe should have a little more room for the front wheel on the left side but also was torn about including the water sprays and the shadows and the wheels heading to the back. When I moved to the left it kind of took away the perspective. Anything else.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Phone, I didn’t want my camera to get wet!

apani.hill

I love this Vanessa. I think the spray adds to the drama. The image has a lot of depth with this perspective too. You’ve already mentioned a bit of critique. I agree it would be nice to have a bit more room on the left side. I took the liberty of trying out a couple of ideas:

I added a touch of warmth, cropped from the bottom to “ground” the wheels, and then expanded the canvas on the left, used the clone tool to increase the room. It’s not even close to good, I messed up the wheel at about 8 O’clock, but hopefully it gets the idea across. Just playing around. I like your image and I totally understand wanting to shield the camera from the water.

Thanks @David_Bostock for your feedback. Yeah I do think it’s better with a little room on the left of the wheel. I’m not sure about the crop on the bottom. Doesn’t it seem kind of close to the shadow of the wheel? I think the main things that drew me to this scene were the shadows made by the irrigation system and the water…

@Vanessa_Hill, you’re right, that bottom crop was a bit extreme. It does take away from the shadow. Looking at your image again, I think the only thing is the close edge on the left, and that doesn’t have a major impact. Its a great image.

1 Like

Vanessa, I like David’s rework here especially with the additional room on the left.

I just had to respond to this comment… :laughing:…as a kid these were not even an item. I moved A LOT of 2" & 4" irrigation pipe by hand. Back then it was the only way we got the crops watered. … :cowboy_hat_face:

As you can tell, I’m not a farmer! Even though I always dreamed of being one as a kid.

1 Like