Wavey

Description:

I hope you folks don’t mind, but here is another from Beaver Dam Pond in Acadia, NP, just a different year. There was a slight wind blowing; which is the case most of the time; that created these wonderful impressions of the white birch trees surrounded by this lovely autumn color.

As always thanks to those taking the time to leave your thoughts.

Specific Feedback Requested:

All C&C welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D200, Nikon 80-200 @ 200mm, f11 @2 sec, ISO 100, cable release & tripod
Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)
No

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

1 Like

Lovely soft pastel colors, Ed, looks like a study in color theory. Also has a wonderful gently movement. Can’t get enough of these as they are very calming to view. Nicely done.

Don’t mind at all. The golden hues and the white of the tree trunks is striking, yet soothing. I can see this printed as part of a series from this location. Nicely done.

Nice reflection image. It works well.

This is incredible, Ed. One of your best as always.

Fantastic on all counts! Nature’s answer to ICM!

Really nice, Ed. I agree with @Diane_Miller and her nature’s own ICM. :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute:
Four Vulcan salutes for this one.

Thanks so much everyone @linda_mellor , @Kris_Smith , @Harley_Goldman , @David_Bostock , @Diane_Miller and @Michael_Lowe for the kind words. It was an incredible morning. I usually prefer no wind when shooting reflections, but this was perfect for distorting shapes and emphasizing the vivid fall color.