Weekly Challenge High Key Sanderling

Sanderling in Perdido Key State Park, Florida 2/1/20. I like the clean line of sand against the pretty colors of the rocks.
1/1250, f6.3, ISO 2500 @ 600mm

2 Likes

Terri, this is a special look at this little Sanderling. The scattering of dark pebbles and the bits in it’s plumage add a fine light touch of color. Your handling of the whites looks great, especially in the large view.

1 Like

Terri, this is a great high-key look at this Sanderling, and the beach you shot him on. Love how the colorful stones, and the way you captured a clean line, giving him a sense of place in this high-key image. I also love the one foot up, catching him mid step. Nicely done.

1 Like

The sanderling is awesome but more importantly that line of pebbles, gosh, super good!

1 Like

Hi Terri,

This is a very pleasing image and the sanderling on the line of pebbles provides for a nice graphic and highly structured abstraction. I like this one as presented…Jim

1 Like

Great capture Terri. Very soft light, good pose, and the pebbles make this a great catch. One little nit would be to remove the orangish smudge and dark spot in the foreground sand right underneath the planted foot. Also, the orange spot next to the raised leg is an eye grabber. Super cool image!

1 Like

I am with Adhika on the one. The perfectly placed pebbles make this work very well.

1 Like

Beautiful, Terri. The abstraction of the bird and immediate vicinity on a white foreground and background works extremely well. Excellent work.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I had noticed the spot next to the leg but go back and forth about deleting it. I hadn’t noticed the smudges below the line and will definitely take care of those. Thanks for pointing them out. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the Editor’s Pick on this!