Welcome 2021. Sunrise: my new year's day tradition

Looking forward to more from NPN in 2021. I’ve really enjoyed my short time that I’ve been a member. I wish I had found it sooner in the year. Thanks to David and Jennifer and the whole NPN community.

I’ve started a tradition of meeting the new year’s first sunrise. I don’t have any grand landscape location close to home so I typically drive to the shore of lake Erie about 30-60 minutes away. Always something hopeful about sunrise. Typically fairly quiet and peaceful and not so early.

1 Like

Bryan, thanks for sharing your new years tradition with us at NPN. This is a fine collection of images that help greet the new year. And, added bonus, you had some nice light and color in the sky to work with. The image of the hollow log is just stunning. It’s a perfect subject for B&W, and your processing is very well done. But what makes the image for me is the tiny stream of water pouring out the log, it adds an extra special touch to this image.

You are certainly off to a great start in 2021 :+1: :+1:

Well done on your discipline to keep up the tradition. The images are very nice. It’s a great way to begin the new year. I did it too yesterday!