Welcome - Spring

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Since it’s spring,I thought I’d go find something blooming and welcome the change of season. This is a 40 image focus stack, some rim light (very little) and some reflected light and there you have my celebration of spring.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Olympus EM-1 Mark II, 60mm f/2.8 Macro
1/50, f/2.8, ISO 200
Stacked using Helicon Focus

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A lovely image, Keith. The lighting is wonderful and I like your composition.

:scream: 40 images?!?!?! I have a hard enough time mastering single capture :woozy_face:. Really wonderful lighting Keith. Most excellent and hats off to your persistence. >=))>

1 Like

I really like the tremendous detail of this image. The various textures and venation really stand out. Good thing it was probably a windless day, or you would have a problem getting to 40 images. Your camera is probably optimal for focus stacks with its internal IS and no mirror to shake the camera. In hindsight though, you could have gotten by with fewer images. Did you take that many for the redundancy of overlap, or because the camera, the day and the subject allowed it?

I took that many just as an experiment to see if the final result was any better than my standard process of 20 images. I couldn’t tell any difference, but it was a fun experiment.

A beautiful capture Keith. This really works well against the dark background. Love the detail and lighting. Congrats on the EP!