West Coast Sunrise

A winter sunrise where Jughandle Creek meets the Pacific, in Mendocino County. I just love bedforms on the beach, and these were especially nice with the faint pink of sunrise reflecting off the water.

What technical feedback would you like if any? What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any comments welcome. This is the entire frame, no cropping.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Single frame, a7, f/16, 35mm, 1/4s, ISO 50 (must have actually been on a tripod for a change - ha). I used the new TK7 panel color masks to bring out the pinks - worked like a charm.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Love the soft morning colors here, Bonnie. I’m not sure what bedforms are but I like all the current lines (if that’s what they are), Nicely done.

Thanks, @Gary_Phillips. Bedforms are the shapes the sand makes as the water flows over it. The current picks up the sand grains and moves them about, making sand ripples and other shapes.

Bonnie: A very pleasant and soothing scene and an image that can never be exactly replicated. Nicely done. >=))>

Bonnie,

The image brings me right there; a lovely capture. Yes, the patterns on a beach are most often quite fascinating. I also really enjoy the transition from night to day (and day to night) and the color gradient in the sky. (Not just your image here, but I’m mesmerized during this time, watching the light and colors change over time.)

Can’t say I would change anything or make any suggestions. No nits here.

Lon

Bonnie, the textures and gentle colors in the foreground are great. Your framing with the headlands works well. The gradient color in the sky finish off a wonderfully peaceful and inviting scene. What direction were you facing?