Western Bluebird II (baited)

I think this is the same bluebird as my last post in this forum. This one was taken today and the change in behavior was interesting. Two days ago, the female was perched above the nest box 20 feet away and the male would come in, get some worms and take them to the box. This morning, the female was nowhere to be seen and the male would take the worms and fly directly to a clump of fir trees on the far side of a neighbor’s property about 250 yards away. It appears that the chicks fledged yesterday and they’re stashed in those firs. I’m hoping the male will bring them in to feed within the next few days.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

I cloned part of the perch out of the upper right corner. Any evidence? Also, I used a tripod for this, went up to iso 3200 and down to 1/250 sec to get the exposure up better in-camera. Did it work better than the last image? It was certainly less work in post.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Any pertinent technical details:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 451 mm, tripod with ball head and sidekick, /8, 1/250, iso 3200, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Straightened and cropped to 16.6 MP. Taken at 6:54 am today under overcast skies.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Nice color and detail and background. The chicks will be fun. …