Wet Redbud flowers

My redbuds were fading, but after some rain, the water drops on the flowers did a good job of hiding the imperfections in the flowers. The two were hanging down, holding on to their water drops in a spot where I could get in close while keeping some larger flower clusters behind for added color. (7D2, 180mm macro, 1/250 s, f/13, iso 800 and tripod) A 7 shot stack for dof and clarity in the water drops.

6 Likes

Beautiful photo @Mark_Seaver. I love the color and the details seen in the drops . The background colors and softness add to this photo very well. Did you change focus for the stack or used a Focus Rail.

Mark, this is superb. My eyes are feasting on this image, enjoying the colors, the refractions in the droplets, and the “star of light” on the one droplet. This is taking lemons and making lemonade in photography. The droplets sure covered any fading of the blooms, and just added to them. Great shot.

Mark …now thats a cracker, the kind of image where you get the entire thing in sharp focus. the colors the light all in place…

Balan Vinod

Dean, I hand adjust the focus (less equipment to carry).

Mark: I love the refractions in the drops and the sparkle star. Superbly crafted image. >=))>

1 Like