Where did Man & Nature get moved to?

Where did Man & Nature get moved to?

1 Like

From the FAQ:

• Man & Nature Gallery - This gallery has been deprecated. Please post in either Landscapes or People, Objects & Places.

You can use the tag type_human_element to help identify images where there are human elements in the image.

1 Like

Jeffrey, the Man & Nature gallery is deprecated and will no longer be a separate category. Here’s a note David posted that may be of help…

Users will now post in the Landscape or POP category. There is a tag that can be added to a post in the Landscape category type_human-element .
To give you some ideas; an image of the Moulton Barn with the Tetons in the background would go into the Landscape category, an image of a trail through the woods, or a landscape with a boardwalk would go into the Landscape category as well. When the main subject is a man-made object, then it will go to POP.

Edit: Keith beat me to it, but I hope the examples help you decide where your image(s) should go.

1 Like

Thank you guys! They pretty well summed it up, we are being less strict about human elements being posted in the Landscape category.

2 Likes

Thank you, Preston.

Excellent!

1 Like

we are being less strict about human elements being posted in the Landscape category.

Great to hear!

1 Like

So I’d be ok to post images of the Colorado National Monument in landscape? It’s impossible to shoot some locations there without seeing fields, buildings, roads, etc. in the background. It always frustrated me I could never post those in landscapes, even though obviously the “hand of man” wasn’t the main element.

Absolutely!