White Crowned Sparrow

I was pleasantly surprised this morning on my bike ride to Chip Ross Park to have this little sparrow pose perfectly for me with the morning sun on him just right.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400, 300mm, 1/1250, f/6.3, ISO 3200
Made it a 5x7 , slight adjustments.

apani.hill

Vanessa, I am enjoying this little guy, and the color palette. Wonderful details in the sparrow as well as his nice natural perch, and he stands out nicely against that nice complimentary and smooth BG.

1 Like

Fantastic capture, Vanessa. Lovely detail in the little sparrow and the OOF background works quite well in supporting the bird. Love the thistle perch. It seems so contrary to the soft little sparrow.

1 Like

Thanks so much @Shirley_Freeman and @linda_mellor for looking and your feedback! I could hear something rustling in the blackberry bushes and then saw this sparrow but didn’t think he would give me a front and center stage view! :smile:

1 Like

Excellent detail and a nice pose, Vanessa. The Teasel makes a good perch and the dried out late summer background glows nicely.

1 Like

Very nice. Good detail in the sparrow, pleasing background, and an interesting perch. Well done.

1 Like

I echo all the above, Vanessa. Very nice capture. Well done!

1 Like

Thank you so much @terryb @Dennis_Plank @Allen_Brooks for looking and I’m glad you like it and it turned out good. One of those exciting right place at the right time moments!

Wonderful color, light, perch, and BG.

1 Like

Hi Vanessa
Sometime it pays to at the endow the comment line, I only have to say “you look marvelous”.
Peter

1 Like

Thank you so much @David_Schoen and @peter for looking and I’m glad it turned out so well! Thanks for your kind words! :smile:

Excellent!! Very nice detail and lighting, and such cute feet on the teasel! It looks like you’ve figured out some good things with your software!

Beautiful, beautiful image. I love the lighting and the creamy, dreamy soft background.

1 Like

Thanks @Diane_Miller , I’m glad you like it. This has nothing to do with software but everything to do with perfect light, camera settings, background, and the sparrow getting so close and sitting there long enough so I could move slowly to the perfect position! Right place at the right time!

Thanks so much @Mark_Muller! It was the perfect setting and time of day! Glad you like it!

The exposure and details of this capture are excellent but what makes it special is the lighting, both background and on the bird. I have no suggestions for improvement. Great shot, Vanessa! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @Gary_Minish for looking and your thoughts! I’m just glad I got to be there to capture it! These are beautiful moments that come and go!