low shutter speed and camera movement.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are appreciated.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
5D MK IV; 24-70 @51; ISO 100; WB auto; F 22; 1/6th; handheld

1 Like

B/W

I like this, Jim. I am trying to decide which I like best, B&W or color. I think I am leaning to the B&W. The wave patterns, and how the bottom right portion is darker, just really makes this a very nice image. It almost looks like curly hair! Well seen and captured.

Very effective use of ICM. I never would have guessed what this was. It makes me think of wool. The gradation of tone and the radial movement of the lines make it a very dynamic photo.

This turned out really well and I prefer the B&W. This really does not look like an ICM image to me, which I find a good thing (not a huge fan of the technique in general). You have created a really fascinating and intriguing abstract.

Definitely prefer the B and W version, as I find the greenish tinge in half the first photo distracts me from the more or less naturally B and W of the other half. I’d also maybe add a vignette to the 3 bright corners in this case (tho’ I’m not a big fan of vignettes). Very interesting shot, Jim.

Some ICM images feels like ???!? to me, but this I like. Interesting pattern and radial motion, especially in the B&W version. Good job!

Thank you everyone for the comments. They are all very much appreciated. My first preference was the color version, but after studying the B/W version and reading Mike’s comment, I now prefer the B/W.