White poppy macro

Hand held, 100mm macro f2.8, overcast skies shot in Golden Gate Park.
Any and all comments and suggestions welcome.

3 Likes

Wow. A really pretty shot. I really like the blurred and very bright and colorful bg. And just enough dof for the front flower to show off the nice delicate features. A poppy I think. A print of this would brighten up any room.

This is really cool, Tony. The white poppies themselves are very nice, but that background is just superb.

Tony, I agree with both @Dennis_Plank and @David_Leroy this is an outstanding photo. Love walking in Golden Gate park, great memories. Thanks for sharing this beautiful image.

Tony: A superb narrow DOF selective focus shot. The BG is wonderful and your DOF/POF choices inspired. Bravo! >=))>

It ia a splendid image, with a lot of light - colors - vitality. I love the white flowers immersed in the luminous and colorful background…

Wonderful colors and textures here. I like the detail in the foreground poppies. I wonder if you got any shots with the white poppies separated a little more? The background is just lovely.

The background colors are outstanding and the white poppy an unusual color. All the elements work together nicely.

Excellent, Tony. Great color and detail combo, working really well with the shallow DOF. Beautiful.

Nice use of shallow depth of filed. what makes this a great one is the white flowers against orange/red oof background. Beautifully done.

Tony. I really like this. The BG is so perfect for these flowers! Very nice soft take on these poppies!

Tony, this is an outstanding mix of white and colors. That front poppy looks terrific and shows off some fine details. The background is awesome.

Beautiful Tony. An image with a very strong character and a fire started with the warmest colors. I love the photo.