Who, me?

I got this shot of a Stellar’s Jay in our backyard yesterday. What a nice combination of blue and black they have. D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, monopod, 1/1000th, f 8.0, 490mm, ISO 640, AI Clear, cropped to 3228 x 3257

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, monopod, 1/1000th, f 8.0, 490mm, ISO 640, AI Clear, cropped to 3228 x 3257

2 Likes

I agree that Stellar’s are striking and this one - wow, what a pose. So much of the bird is so crisp and sharp (the eye just misses tack sharp, but it’s so slight). What a feat! The light brings up the feather texture so beautifully. That said I think a little more room around the tail would be nice if you have it. What an energetic pose. Is this part of a set up you have in your yard? I hope you get to spend more quality time with them.

Yes, it is on the end of a stick that I have attached at my bird feeder. I should’ve divulged that, I guess.

Dave, This shot is so good in many aspects. More remarkable to me is the clarity and beautifully blended blues of background and subject.
Wayne

The colors and pose are striking. I would darken the light grey area on the lower left corner and maybe even the branch.

Hi Dave
Your Stellar’s Jay is looking back at you, as if to ask the very question,“Who Me”. Great head turn, eye contact, feather detail and framing. Nice work.
Peter