Whole lot of shakin"

Attended a football game in Seattle Saturday (delayed 2 1/2 hours due to thunderstorm causing it to end about 2 AM). Returned to Long Beach, WA Yesterday. Steady rain. About 7 PM (pretty dark) saw this doe and almost fully grown fawn on dune. Was a heavy mist (my father said it never rains at the beach). Fortunate to get 3 shots while she shook off the mist.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7D Mark II; 100/ 400 at 400; 7.i; 1600 ISO; 1/250th; spot; WB auto; handheld;

some sharpening.
(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

not sure what I did incorrectly but ended up with two versions.

Hi jim

In rains or mist, we usually get low contrast images, considering that I prefer the second version, where contrast is less and blacks are not so dark.
I like the fact that you managed to get the head sharp during the shake off action. If you like, you may crop some of the foreground.

I also like the second version, Jim. Like Jagdeep, I am really happy to see the head sharp!

What a surprise! An EP. Thanks you for the honor.

Very cool, Jim. I prefer the unsharpened first version. The action is really cool.