Why did the Catapillar cross the trail?

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 12800, 100-400 plus extender at 560, f8, 1600th,

APC mode, full frame (26 MP)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Wow, David, this is up close and personal to this little guy. I like the composition, where he is going vertical from corner to corner of the image. Usually I prefer down at their eye level (not always easy to do with small critters), but in this case I am fine with this composition. Great details in him. Not sure I have ever seen their eyes that closely before. Excellent macro in my opinion. I was noticing that the brighter rock on the right side coming into the image, it seems to want to draw my eye. Maybe you could tone it down just a tad, otherwise I’m loving it.

David: I especially like your DOF management leaving the BG slightly OOF. I agree with Shirley regarding the light rock on the right edge. Nice find and a fine capture. >=))>

Nice look at this caterpillar especially all the orange fibers in mid body. Stands out well against the small rocks.