Wild Dog in bamboo forest

At times the habitat is more attractive than the subject.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D; 500 mm; ISO 400; 1/500 sec. at F 4.5

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Jagdeep, I’d say this guy is well camouflaged here in this scene. The back-lighting does a perfect job of presenting the backdrop as well as the main subject…:+1:

1 Like

The palette in this image is exquisite, Jagdeep. I like the way the back lighted dog fades into the image and takes some effort on the viewer’s part to pull it out. The back lit images you’ve been posting are inspiring. I really need to work on this aspect-it adds a whole new dimension.

1 Like

Outstanding image with incredible color and composition. Well done!

1 Like

Jagdeep, the color here is exquisite. And even though it’s busy, the wild dog stands out soo well that the busy-ness actually adds to the image.

1 Like

I like the colours very much and the back light which gave a nice shape of the ears. The background is great too. What I think could make the picture even more interesting would be not having the tree just behind the head and in the centre of the frame but on the left side of the image.

Your lighting of this dhole is outstanding. The backlight separates the dhole from the BG dramatically IMHO.