Wild Mustard--It won't Go Away

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500, 200mm f4 Micro (1/80 sec at f10, ISO 500, 3 flashes for fill). Levels, slight crop for comp, Hue & Saturation. One of our little invasive plants that has been increasing in numbers on our property.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Have never seen an image of single mustard plant. Has a beauty beyond the color when seen en mass in a field. Good detail, composition and a soft, pleasing background . Nicely done.

1 Like

Jim, I don’t think I have ever seen a Wild Mustard plant before, and didn’t realize that they has such pretty little flowers. Nice details. As Patricia said, it is a good composition with a soft, pleasing background . Very nice.

1 Like

A nice job, Jim. The little ones do sneak in. I like the simple composition and background.

1 Like

Nice presentation with good bokeh. Just one little nit, There are a couple of out of focus flowers that might have been focus stacked depending on your intent. Nice image.

1 Like