Wildflower in Bloom

This is a wildflower from my Son’s garden and not a composite. It has an f-10 setting, with 1/400 sec at iso 400 using my 180mm macro lens with white background. Removed several leaves and used Topaz denoise and sharpening. Used focus stacking of 12 photos. This plant is known as “Velvetleaf” and is know as a noxious weed, member of the Mallow family.

1 Like

Wonderful shot, @johnwayne . The stem draws a diagonal curve. It’s elegant and charming. The orange buds are nice accents and very attractive. Focus stacking is excellent. Th top buds are a little bit blurred. It would be windy.

Thanks Naofumi Koju, Thanks for your review. Ran across this gem while visiting my Son’s back yard. You are right that the wind offers challenges in focus stacking. There are methods to help deal with the wind, but I choose the lazy route and waited out the periods of wind.
Wayne

John, the “S” shape really comes out in this composition. I think the white background sets the subject off nicely. Enjoying this one very much.

Well done, John. The plant is Abutilon theophrasti (velvet leaf). Here’s a description:

It’s native to southern Asia and was introduced to North American in the 18th century.

The white background works well with the new, and old dried fruits of the plant.

As was mentioned, the terminal stem is slightly blurred and there is focus stacking artifacts in the upper seed pods.

Namaste

Repost to clean up artifacts on my Velvetleaf plant.

I don’t know if it’s my monitor, but the repost appears to be less sharp than the original.

Beautiful image, John! You really did a wonderful job on showcasing this beautiful flower!