Winter Light 3 + Repost

There are still a few leaves on our silver maple tree and I spotted this backlit bunch this morning against a shaded BG. Did some minor cleanup of unpleasant bokeh and shot this HDR. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes
Sony A77II
Sony 70-400G @ 250mm
ISO 400, 1/1600 @ f11 five shot HDR

Beautiful lighting, Bill. The morning light, at least for me, is just bright enough to give detail to the leaves but not so bright it has blown the out that delicate detail. The leaves feel as though they have give their all, but want to hang in there for just a little bit longer. Very nicely seen and captured.

The warm back lighting certainly spotlights the leaves. I like how they are different colors. The black background definitely makes the leaves stand out.

Bill, I really like this. The lighting as well as the position of each of the leaves and limbs, and against a nice dark BG. It all works so well together. I am jealous that you still have leaves on your trees! :grinning:

I cropped this a bit from the right side and also made the branch that was exiting the frame on the left go away. It bugged me enough to make me want it to disappear. Your thoughts?

I agree Bill. Removing the limb is better. I like the crop.

Beautiful subject! I like the increased saturation, but it feels a bit tight on the edges. The branch was an issue but now you have its shadow left… Maybe just reduce both.