Winters Edge

Long after higher elevation aspens become bare, Eastern Sierra cottonwood trees still provide beautiful fall colors. I isolated this grouping below a trio of high peaks with a short telephoto.

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
3 Likes

Another fine take on the changing Sierra seasons from that location.

1 Like

The nice layers from top to bottom stood out immediately.

1 Like

Dave, the juxtaposition of seasons makes for an interesting and most appealing tension to my eye. I also like how the colors at the top in the sky are matching the ones at the bottom. Great work in my opinion.

Peter

I like the combination of seasons if you know what I mean!

Beautiful capture, Dave. The colors in this are just great and there is a really interesting set of layers. Enjoying this a lot as I do with most all of your work! Excellent work.

Gotta love the Sierra at any time, but this takes it to new level. Beautiful image, Dave.
–P

Beautiful layers and contrast. The change from the saturated colors in the FG to the pastels in the BG, I like it a lot.

I really can appreciate the color palette of this image. Nice processing to bring out the great color, but yet not going too far.
Cheers

This is stunning Dave; not sure how I missed this beauty. The light is sublime as is the drama with the clouds obscuring some of the peaks. Nice layering also and I love the changing of the seasons in the image.

I really like the contrast between warm and cold colors, and the dark shadows add a lot to the image, in my view. Your choice of focal length also works very well.