Wolf spider

This Wolf (I think) spider crawled out from between two of the rocks by my pond as I was sitting quietly and let me fire off a 25 shot stack to get all of the spider sharp. (R5, 180mm macro, 1/40 s, f/10, iso 1600, tripod)

1 Like

Tack sharp image.

How big was this spider exactly?

Critique: about the only thing I can think of is that empty space on the right side doesn’t really do anything for the image in my opinion. Maybe a square crop to have the subject centered?

Mark, you really did get all the details in this Wolf Spider as well as the rock. I could see it cropped to square, but also like it as is, allowing us to see him in his environment. Amazing that he stayed that still for 25 clicks. Tack sharp all the way through. Excellent shot.

Yikes, I do not like spiders, but wow you got a wonderful image here. Congrats on the focus stack.

Outstanding Mark! I’m pretty impressed with your ability to stacks so many images. Excellent work.

Amazing details and good job on the focus stack. The gray rock and dark background sets the spider off well. Nice work Mark.

@andronik, I did a stack with the spider centered and prefer this version significantly, because it makes the view about both the spider and its surroundings. The spider is about an inch (2.5 cm) front to back.