Working with monochromatic seascapes

What technical feedback would you like if any?

I’d love some feedback regarding the overall composition and if there’s anything more I can do to help it. Also whether or not the haloing in the cliff is noticeable and if the sky looks appropriate (it’s been darkened a bit)

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

yep any - this is the first time I’ve attempted to work with a picture and turn it into something monochromatic

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

single shot, brought into lightroom for basic adjustments and Photoshop with TK actions to bring down saturation/brightness, dodge & burn and camera raw adjustments

1 Like

Hi @dalegphoto, i lke very much this shot. Composition is balanced in my opinion, the dark sky balances the cliff and i love the leading lines on the foreground. I noticed the halos between cliff and sky. The dark mood of the image is fantastic, i noticed the halo between cliff and sky, i think it can be corrected easily in post process. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Very nice lines and dynamics in the foreground! The sky doesn’t look too dark to me, but I like dark skies :wink: The rocks/sky blend looks a bit off, some haloing in the sky, but also the cliff suddenly looses contrast and turns a bit flat at its edge? With a good selection this can be played with some more.

1 Like