Wrens at work

Overall images quality, this is a major crop.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

If a different exposure would have worked better. this was taken at 1/3200 by error(mine)

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Overall appeal

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Canon RP, Canon EF 100-400mm F-4.5-5.6L + 1.4xIII
1/3200 @ F-8, ISO 3200. Was set at auto ISO, shutter speed by mistake. Tripod. Was about 20 feet from nest box. Even though these wrens at use this site for years and were use to people, I did not want to move closer. Also, was able to stay in the shade on a 90+degree day.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Love seeing the prey, but as you point out, there are a number of areas that could be improved. First, personally, I’d rather see the wren on a natural perch. Second, the image quality could be better. The crop and the high ISO both contributed to that, but so did the time of day. The sun was already high in the sky, which led to harsh light and shadows. Maybe try putting a natural perch near the nest box (but slim enough that it not would allow a snake to climb up).