Yellow Daylily & edit

Nikon d850, 105 mm at f 3.0, 1/1250 sed, ISO 320, handheld. Background slightly changed to impart more purple color to a background that already had purple color and slight texture added to avoid the highlights looking like “blobs”

Regards to all
Stay safe!
Kathy

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
3 Likes

Stunning image Kathy! Not sure I would change anything? Looks like it could be a card or post card cover image!

A lovely flower and image, Kathy. The background works for me, making the yellow flower pop.

Another winner. The yellow flower against the pretty BG is top notch

Outstanding image. Thanks for sharing.

The yellow lily is complimented by the purple background. Only suggestion would be to bring the purple out so it fills the whole background. Technically the flower is tack sharp and positioned well in the frame.

Kathy: What Patricia said. I think I might crop a touch tighter to eliminate the dark corners, especially on the right side. Terrific capture and finished product. >=))>

Thanks for the comments. Here is one cropped in further. It de emphasizes the dark areas.

Lovely colour combination, Kathy, and I especially like the blurring of the upper petals so they fade into the background.

Kathy,

Gorgeous! The colors are well, just wonderful. Fabulous job crafting and processing this, especially the work on the background.

I prefer the original over the cropped. I like the space giving more comfortable room for the flower.

Lon