Yes, another Junco

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Pretty cooperative, allowed me to walk around to find an uncluttered background.

Specific Feedback

Any thoughts appreciated. I liked the background and thought this was a nice look at the junco

Technical Details

Canon R5; 100-500 at 500 mm; 1/1000 f7.1; ISO 2000

Very nice indeed, Allen. Never too many Juncos. To my eye, the whites at the top of the breast could come down just a trifle and the hood looks a bit oversharpened, which is easy to have happen because they have such well defined texture.

1 Like

Hahaha…I too was going to say “Can you have too many juncos?” This is a lovely photo as well…I like the depth you have here with the branch in the front. Great colours and a beautiful background.

1 Like

Our juncos have returned for the moment before moving on further north for the summer. I love the twittering, skittering thing they do. Seldom have I seen one pose so nicely. Seeing as it’s such a gorgeous and highly sought-after background, I would see about popping a radial gradient around the eye and brightening it just a bit.

1 Like

Nice capture Allen with a very pleasing background. Sharpness and exposure on the bird look good to me. The upper part of the branch running through the bird is a bit distracting to me. Still a fine image.

1 Like

Just beautiful! What a great pose, nice head angle, soft light, wonderful background and a good perch. Just wish the bird was on the other side of the perch so it didn’t run through the bird but not a deal breaker by any stretch of the imagination. Terrific!

1 Like

Very nice!! No nits. They are good models, tolerating us lumbering beasts quite nicely. I like the crop, with enough interest in the BG to provide some visual weight to the left.

1 Like