Yin And Yang

This is same morning as my previous post, but about 15 minutes later. The clouds were changing fast. As first light, it was mostly black above the crest and then they lifted and morphed as the morning progressed. It was a spectacular morning.

1 Like

What incredible light. Not to mention the texture and darkness of the clouds juxtaposed against the gorgeous reds in the rock and blue of the sky. However, the clouds, to me, seem to be crushing the picture. My eye really wants to move from left to right. I love the way the clouds form a funnel and everything is opening as I move to the right. For that reason I’d like to see this in 16:9, which, in my opinion would give the image more sweep and movement without losing the intensity of the clouds.

Wow, Harley, awesome…did you get to see the space ship land? :smile: Reminiscent of the Close Encounters movie . Tremendous wave cloud just dwarfing the land, great to capture this.

I have to say that is one impressive looking cloud and the light on the BG mountains is magic, Harley. It may not have been possible, but I find myself wishing for just a bit more land for the same reason that @Kerry_Gordon mentioned. I am really enjoying the darker ominous tones on the underside of the cloud. Glad you were there to witness it.

Ditto. I like the emotional content of this image but it needs more land at the bottom.

This may be the most impressive cloud of all the ones from your recent series of cloudscape images. I really love all the different tonalities of grey, white and blue in the clouds, great processing job on this. Here is another vote for wanting to see a bit more landscape. While the cloud is amazing, I think it needs just a bit more context from the landscape to showcase the cloud most effectively.