Yosemite Falls + RP

And a fix for the tree bugging me and a couple of other small details, re-processed from the two raws but not with any dramatic improvement.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Canon 5D3, 70-200 f/2.8 at 70, f/11. ISO 200, 1/60 sec, tripod. Panorama of two verticals. Original processing from 2013.

2 Likes

A classic beauty. Blue sky, gorgeous waterfall and cliffs, blue skies. What’s not to love?

At least one thing, @Kris_Smith! I just realized the tree poking in from lower center is driving me nuts. So I had a play at reprocessing. And also figured out it’s a pano of two horizontals. (My memory may be failing…) Re-do posted above.

Diane,

Indeed a classic view of a Yosemite classic. An icon if there ever was one!

What is refreshing with this is the square format - a crop or any presentation of these falls and surroundings is not something I’ve seen done before (and I’ve not only seen tons of images of this, but I have a few myself…) So I’m really like the square presentation. Of course the clouds and light aren’t hurting things at all… :slight_smile:

Good job dropping the light on that one tree, that helps. If I had my druthers though, I’d wish for more extented on the bottom so that one tree - and all three for that matter, had more growing space and not like they’re cut off a little. In hindsight… a 3rd row for the pano combination. But then there may also be some things beyond the bottom that you didn’t want included. It’s always a compromise!

Colors and processing are excellent.

Lon

Thanks, @Lon_Overacker! I was really photographing the mist, which I thought was draped perfectly over the scene. The Upper Fall was sort of the grace note!