Young Buck?

At least from its behavior, my wife is pretty sure it’s a buck. This was a pretty early fawn this year and it’s gotten amazingly large to still retain all those spots. Its mother brings it through the yard regularly and they’re pretty unafraid of us (though it bolted when I turned the sprinkler on the other day). In this case it let me come out of the screened in porch and get a few shots before it wandered off.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A7Riv, Canon EF200 f/3.5 macro lens (it’s what was on the camera) with a Vello adapter, hand held, f/7.1, 1/250, iso 2000, manual focus, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Straightened a bit, some content aware fill top, bottom and left and a bit of a crop on the right. Taken August 3 at 6:08 AM.

Dennis, this works quite well. I like the attentive stare and the ears pointing forward. Beautiful deer. I can’t decide if I like the planters and brick wall or not. On the one hand it definitely provides for an environmental. I also see the potential for a more cropped closeup of the deer. Very cool.