Young one of Indian Sarus Crane

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The young one of Indian Sarus Crane got tired of following the parents and decided to take some rest on the mound.

Technical Details

Canon R 5; 500 mm; ISO 250; 1/1600 sec. at f 5

2 Likes

I think the shot is really nice. I especially like the reflection, although I almost wish it could have been a little clearer with maybe a slightly higher angle? But, I know sometimes that it isn’t possible to do that in nature. Either it isn’t possible or you risk scaring the subject and losing the shot. The head and neck may look a little bright. Not sure if you might try bringing down the highlights slightly? Overall its a nice image and the foreground and background are free of distractions.

1 Like

Hi J Rajput
Thank you for sharing the Sarus Crane with us. The head and lower neck are a little bright, but the eye contact, low angle reflection and feather detail are very good.
Peter

1 Like

Hi Jagdeep. I agree with the others that you could bring down the head and neck a trifle. The only other thing I’d change is the very out of focus bird in the upper right. I’d probably remove it, but if you’re intending to enter this in a contest where cloning isn’t allowed, you could just burn down the lighter colored patch in the middle of it to match the rest of the bird.

1 Like