2021 Yearly Editors Picks

Originally published at: https://www.naturephotographers.network/2021-yearly-editors-picks/

It’s that time of year again for the yearly Editors Picks at NPN! It was incredibly challenging to make selections from the enormous amount of amazing images posted this year!

Thank you to all the moderators for their tireless work picking the Editors Pick each week and helping us make the final selections for the Yearly Editors Picks; without further ado, here are the 2021 awards! 

Click here to leave comments on all images or follow the link for the individual images.

Thank you to all the members who have made this an incredible year at NPN. It’s because of you that NPN is still one of the best communities out there!

– David and Jennifer

Avian

Avian 01

First Place

Youngsters by Hans Overduin
Comment on this photo

Avian 02

Second Place

Focused by Johan Lennartsson
Comment on this photo

Avian 03

Third Place

Simplicity by Mark Muller
Comment on this photo

Flora

Flora 01

First Place

Sanguinaria canadensis (bloodroot) by Paul Wiegman
Comment on this photo

Flora 02

Second Place

Unknown Succulent by Jim Zablotny
Comment on this photo

Flora 03

Third Place

Bougainvillea and window by Diane Miller
Comment on this photo

Human & Fauna

HF 01

First Place

On the rocks by David Schoen
Comment on this photo

HF 02

Second Place

Rattlesnake by Tony Kuyper
Comment on this photo

HF 03

Third Place

Dune Dog by Harley Goldman
Comment on this photo

Landscape

Land 01

First Place

Blueberry Meringue by John Williams
Comment on this photo

Land 02

Second Place

Submerged Fire by Bonnie Lampley
Comment on this photo

Land 03 New

Third Place

What’s it all about, Alvord? by Igor Doncov
Comment on this photo

Macro

Macro 01

First Place

Long Legged Fly by Balan Vinod
Comment on this photo

Macro 02

Second Place

At the Hub of Diffraction by Mike Friel
Comment on this photo

Macro 03

Third Place

Whitetail metamorphosis by Mark Seaver
Comment on this photo

Wildlife

Wildlife 01

First Place

Best Friends by Ingrid Vekemans
Comment on this photo

Wildlife 02

Second Place

Poke! by Max Waugh
Comment on this photo

Wildlife 03

Third Place

Violence at the Hatchery by Gary Minish
Comment on this photo

Weekly Challenge

The Kiss Of Death

First Place

The Kiss of Death by Kristen Smith
Comment on this photo

WC 02

Second Place

Driftwood Abstract by Dick Knudson
Comment on this photo

Third Place

WC 03

Eternal Embrace by David Haynes
Comment on this photo

Nature Photographer of the Year

Ed McGuirk

This year’s pick for Nature Photographer of the Year is one of our very own moderators, Ed McGuirk. Ed is incredibly talented with a knack for intimate landscapes. Ed’s consistent quality and creativity earned him the top spot this year. Ed has proven that despite limits on travel this year, you can create incredible imagery no matter where you are.

View Ed’s Portfolio

Congratulations to all of you!
@Hans_Overduin
@Johan_Lennartsson
@Mark_Muller
@paul_g_wiegman
@Jim_Zablotny
@Diane_Miller
@David_Schoen
@Tony_Kuyper
@Harley_Goldman
@John_Williams
@Bonnie_Lampley
@Igor_Doncov
@Balan_Vinod
@Mike_Friel
@Mark_Seaver
@Ingrid_Vekemans
@Max_Waugh
@Gary_Minish
@Kris_Smith
@Dick_Knudson
@David_Haynes
@Ed_McGuirk

A truly wonderful collection of amazing images here, David. Congratulations to each of those member’s images that were listed.
As always, a BIG high five out to the site managers and each of the hard working moderators too. All your efforts are sincerely appreciated.
The best to all here at NPN leading into another New Year.

2 Likes

First of all: congratulations to all the other winners, what a great line-up to be part of ! I am truly humbled. And secondly, a big, big thank you to all that make (visible or less visible) NPN this vibrant digital ‘home’ for photographers from around the globe.
Best wishes to all for 2022 from The Netherlands ! Let’s go out there with our camera’s! Cheers, Hans

1 Like

Congratulations to all of the winners and a big thank you to all of the moderators for your time and contributions to NPN.
Happy New Year!

1 Like

Congratulations to all the winners. These are all incredible images and are great evidence of the incredible talent in this group. Here’s hoping 2022 is even better.

1 Like

Wow! Just Wow! Such an incredible set of images from our members. Thanks to all of you for making NPN what it is today. The images are inspiring. Thanks to all the other moderators for your continued work to make this site what it is.

Happy New Year!

1 Like

Thanks to the admins for the selection, and a hearty congratulations to all the honorees. Happy New Year, everyone!

1 Like

Congratulations to all the winners! Wonderful images!

And much thanks to all the moderators for making NPN such a great forum!

1 Like

Congratulations to all. What a wonderful set of incredible images. :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Many thanks for choosing one of my images – I am honored to be in the company of all the remarkable winners, and delighted to be part of the NPN community!

All the best wishes for the New Year to everyone here!

1 Like

Thanks a ton to NPN ! Honored !

New Year Greetings to all of you …! Stay Safe.

Balan Vinod

1 Like

Wow, these are truly beautiful images and every single one is worthy of the honour!

Congratulations everyone!!!

1 Like

Thank you to David and Jennifer for all you do for the NPN community. Thanks also to all of the moderators for all of their thoughts, comments and yes, even the critiques. All are welcome. Congratulations to all of this year’s Editors Picks winners. Stunning photos!
Best to all in 2022.

1 Like

Congratulations everyone !! Great work :grinning:

2 Likes

Well wow. Imagine my surprise at being included in such a body of work. I’m indeed honored and pleased that folks found my shot of high enough caliber.

Even though I’m a moderator myself, I thank the others who do the same work in other categories. It’s this and the cordial and insightful atmosphere that is fostered here that makes it so valuable.

Congratulations to everyone who won - you all deserve it and I look forward to seeing what we all get up to in 2022.

2 Likes

Congratulations everyone! All beautiful and greatly admired by me your works of art!

2 Likes

Congratulations everyone!
Thanks for the pick, and thanks to the Editors/Moderators for all your hard work.

The artists and their images on this site are truly special.

2 Likes

Congratulations veryone! A great set of images, representing a unique community.
Thanks to all who make this possible, and best to all members in 2022.

2 Likes