A Dream In Blue and Green

Dominica is known as “The Nature Island of The Caribbean” for good reason. It has lots of waterfalls, mountains and forests. This was taken from a trip I made with a local photography group. It was a bit of a whirlwind as there were so many places to visit. I’m hoping to get back there again some day with a slower schedule.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comment are welcome.

Technical Details

131sec f/13 ISO100 10stop ND filter

This is a lovely photo, Andre. I like the blue of the ocean that fades into yellow on the left caused by the rising sun. It looks like it would be a wonderful spot to come back to. The only thought I had was to crop the right side in just a little. I feel like there is too much blank space on that side. Very nicely done.

Thanks for your comment Donna. I actually tried a crop of the RS just before I posted, but it felt off to me. I think that’s because I was trying to keep it to the 16:9 ratio though.
Here’s the original.

Andre, this is a very nicely dreamy view and I think your composition works very well, with the long view across the water being especially nice.

Thanks for the feedback Mark.

I totally get that, Andre. This is a wonderful photo as is. You capture beauty in all your shots and I always look forward to your posts.

1 Like

Sounds like a heavenly place to visit and sometimes workshops open options for you to explore at a more leisurely pace. I’ll vote for the full frame crop, but you could take the dark edge of the land mass off on the left and see if something like a 4:5 ratio works at all. Either way it’s an enticing photo that hints about what, for most of us northern hemisphere people, looks like an exotic and tropical paradise. I hope you get back there!

1 Like

Beautiful photo Andre! Exotic tropical paradise indeed! This would be a wonderful place to return and shoot at a slower pace - like maybe stay for a month or 2! Like Donna, I love the water colors shifting from deep blue to to yellow. I like your comp as posted. Well done!

1 Like

@Kris_Smith @Steve_Kennedy Thanks for the comments.