A lone tree small in the frame

A very simple image taken in 2006 with a Nikon D 70, from a moving raft on the John Day River.
Oh, and for the Nature First members, you cannot drive here.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Well seen and nicely composed, David. It does look a touch cyanish on my monitor, but nothing detracts from the lovely interplay of the lines of the hills and, of course, the isolated tree.

So David, you posted this very slowly starting at 11:28:50 and ending at 12:00:50 last night…:wink: The sweep of the hills and the lone tree look great. How nice to have the scattered clouds adding interest to the sky. A fine “snap”. The hills look a bit dark on my monitor (or maybe that’s Ian’s cyan).

David, well that is one lonely tree out there. Always wonder how in the world something like that finds a foothold in the middle of nowhere and no adjoining grove in sight.
I could also see a bit of tweaking to remove the cyan. Not a deal break but it might get more pop out of the scene too…:sunglasses:

I like the composition, David, with the location of the tree and clouds around the notch in the hills.

A nice composition with the tree well placed and a leading line to the tree. Nice to have the clouds to break up the sky.

David: A nice find and fine capture. Color issues aside, I like the presentation. My only other suggestion would be to crop some of the sky. The clouds do add interest but I think giving the sky about 40% of the frame is a touch too much.>=))>