A peaceful spot

This is a large park, Hubbard Park, right in the middle of our city that is used by hundreds of people, me included, every day of the year. Now there is XC skiing and snowshoeing and soon there will be wild flowers and new leaves. Most often I walk the many miles of trail or just take off through the woods. This photo was from a December day with no snow several years ago and seemed to me to show the peace I often feel when walking there.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

any and all

Technical Details

Pentax K-7, 1/125, f/4.o, 60mm, ISO400 with minor adjustment to tone curves and cropping in LR

5 Likes

Beautiful mood. I love the lines the trees form as the eye wonders through the frame. I love it

1 Like

John,
The rays of light streaming through the trees is truly magical and the curving road is the perfect lead in line for the viewer. This does have a peaceful serene vibe to it. Beautifully done!

Hi John,
what a nice scene. The sun rays and the mist create a mystical atmosphere.
It’s hard to believe that this shot was taken in the middle of a city.

Thank you @Marie_SalmeronSerrano , @Ed_Lowe and @Jens_Ober for your kind comments. Come visit and I’ll take you on a walk there. Our city of Montpelier, Vermont is the smallest of the state capitals at 8000 people and the only place where the statehouse sits against a backdrop of forested hillsides. That said, just 125 years ago that hillside was bare of most trees thanks to grazing sheep!

But we are very fortunate to have this amazing park in town and it is easily accessed by two roads and many trails, including one that zig-zags up the hillside from the statehouse, designed especially to provide a meditative place for legislators and workers to walk.

1 Like

The ambience of the image is so peacefull and warm. Sure it must be so relaxing and enjoying to hike in there.
I like how you managed to capture the sun rays between the branches and the tones you got on the warm parts of the image.

What a wonderful place to have near by. The sunrays really make this image.

It is, Vermont, in my list to visit. I am afraid I will not want to come back to Texas after I visit since if is so beautiful

John,
What a wonderful scene / mood you have captured in your image. The perfect placement of the light rays in the image leads the ey through the image. Perhaps I have to learn to look at dark areas differently as I have make this comment previously. To my eye,I would want a touch of detail in the lower left corner. Thoughts on the last comment from your perspective?
Still Learning

@gDan52 , for me the dark area is more of a place that provides contrast and a bit of mystery. I often think about how our eyes in real time are constantly moving and adjusting to the light that is there whereas in a still photography that doesn’t happen in the same ways.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

This is a very pretty forest scene. I think the light rays make it for me as well. They add such a nice mood. I wouldn’t have guessed it was December.