A Star Is Born + time lapse

Our hibiscus seem to love the heat and have been blooming like crazy. I did a Time Lapse of its opening for your enjoyment. I was hoping the other bud would open as well but alas it didn’t open until the next day. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A7RIII
Sony 24-105 G @ 105mm
ISO 400, 1/50 @ f16

3 Likes

Very cool. I like the way the edges stay curled up. Reminds me of some water lily pads. I think the angle here works, too. Have you tried using a diffuser on these? It might result in lower contrast for you.

Bill, this is a lovely flower. I enjoyed the time lapse as well. The colors are really nice, and I like the angle of the flower in the composition. Nice.

Beautiful closeup, Bill. Nice and tight framing really helps enhance the flower.

:heart_eyes:…Really enjoyed the time lapse here, Bill. The detail in the posted image is wonderful too… :+1:
The glow off the bright yellow bloom had me reaching for my sunglasses…:sunglasses:

Enjoying the angle you chose to shoot the hibiscus flower. Beautiful colors and interesting to view the time lapse show. Thanks for posting it.

Hi Bill,

Excellent time lapse and the posted image is top notch too. I like the color and lighting reveals the curled up petal edges nicely. The image is fine as presented… Jim

Thanks for the time lapse, really cool! It’s a beautiful flower.

Drop dead gorgeous with wonderful composition, colors and tonalities! The time lapse is very cool!