A win in Memorial Maria Luisa, Spain

I’m pleased to share this image titled,

“Catching a Flying Fish”.

It has been awarded ‘Honorable Mention’ in

33rd Memorial Maria Louisa photo contest in Spain.

It is shot with Canon R 5 and EF 500 mm IS II lens.

6 Likes

Wow, that’s awesome @JRajput
Congratulations! Well deserved.

1 Like

Wonderful!! Congrats on a top notch image.

1 Like

Wow, that is quite an honor!
It is a magnificent capture so I can see why the judges were drawn to it :slight_smile:

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

1 Like

J…what an amazing time and place nano-moment. Congratulations on this fine image and ANY awards or acknowledgments you might receive with it… :+1:

1 Like

Congratulations! It certainly is a winner in my book. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

What an incredible image!! Congratulations! If this didn’t get first place, you had some amazing competition.

1 Like

Congratulations on an impressive and awesome image and win.

1 Like

The Decisive Moment for sure!

1 Like

Congratulations! It’s a fantastic image and well deserved of the recognition.

1 Like

Congratulations Jagdeep! Well deserved and awesome image!

1 Like

Great image - well done!

1 Like

J, congratulations on your outstanding image and win! You caught the moment perfectly, with great light and sharp focus. Not to take anything away from your well-deserved win, but I think maybe the reason it didn’t get first place was because of the distracting out-of-focus blobs in the background. I can envision an argument about the aesthetics and ethics of editing those out, but my personal preference would be to remove them. I tried a quick and dirty edit on your post, to illustrate what I mean.

1 Like

Thank you @Patrick_Campbell for your kind suggestion, but participating in international competitions is a different game. If you read the rules of any good competition, they clearly say that you are not allowed to add or remove anything from the image. I happened to subdue that blob, but had I removed it, they would have rejected the image, while comparing to the Raw file.

1 Like

Man, the timing and sharpness of this is just incredible. Congratulations on catching this not often seen action.

1 Like

@JRajput, compared with some of the composites I have seen on the web, removing the blobs seems to me to be no big deal. Maybes submit one version for competitions, and print another for hanging on the wall? :grinning: Again, congrats on your win and on capturing the decisive moment so well!

1 Like