After the Rain

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? D500 200mm f4 micro (1/50 sec at f16, ISO 500) 3 image stack, crop for comp DeNoise, Topaz Adjust Bright and Detailed preset at 96% opacity…Jim

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Very nice capture of the raindrops, Jim. That smooth background really makes it stand out nicely. If they were both equally sharp, I might would suggest darkening and adding maybe a bit of contrast to the drops to make them stand out more, but not sure if that would work here. These refraction images aren’t easy, at least for me, and so in my opinion, you have a great shot as is.

1 Like

I love the reflections Jim, particularly the right side one, it’s almost another picture.

1 Like

Nicely done. Excellent color and detail. Something you could consider would be to eliminate some of the refraction above each rain bubble by cloning from the left or right of the bubble. Fine as it is but just thought.

1 Like

Jim, I’m enjoying the mix of clear refraction in the one drop and only general shapes for the same scene in the second drop. There’s a good minimalist feeling to this view.

1 Like

A strong, simple image, Jim, the subject nicely placed in the frame to give the feeling that those droplets are maybe about to fall.