Amused

Leopard is very shy and elusive animal, but we were lucky to spot this young leopard on a tree closer to the road. She decided to climb down and crossed in front of us giving a pose for the picture. I got lucky to get such close up shot.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

This image is from a jeep, at a height above the animal. Leopard is looking at you. A shot from a monopod hung upside down outside the vehicle could have been better.

Technical Details

1 Like

Sanjiv!

Welcome to nature photographers network and thanks for posting.

What a beauty! When I photograph big cats, I look to capture the ferocity. You did that here with her licking her lips and challenging you with those eyes.

I am not sure what your camera settings were or how you might have edited this. I would pop some warmth on her and bring those eyes out more. Leopards are known for their gorgeous eyes and you have so much depth on her face, I would tease more out of this great image.

That shoulder is a little soft and not sure if that was in editing or how you shot it? The main thing is you were close and captured her face. Next time if you get that close try pulling back a tad and including the ears.

But this is an “in your face” big cat photo and I like it. Keep going!

Hope that is helpful,

Julie

Thank you Julie for your constructive critique.