An Offering

Quite a year for rhododendrons here; the bushes were loaded with buds and then blooms. I’ve never seen one with buds like this (even though we’ve had this bush for at least 15 years). I wanted to do a focus stack, but the breeze was creating too much movement and I didn’t think I could get the same feeling taking it inside. I couldn’t pass up the gesture implicit and “offered up” here.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
1/160sec, f/7, ISO 800, 180 mm

2 Likes

It certainly does look like an offering. Lovely. Really nice pinkish color thru out the photo. Good eye.

Rick, the shape, the water and the gentle colors look great. While a stack would show more details, I think all the extra detail would lose the warm feeling that the softness creates.

Rick, a fine image indeed. I agree with Mark that the softness adds to the sharp areas, drawing more attention to where you want the eye to go. Very nice image.

Wonderful – good seeing!! Gorgeous soft color and contrast fitting the subject. I think the DOF is perfect adding emphasis to the most interesting areas. And I love the frame!