Anza Borrego Moonrise

As soon as I got to Anza Borrego a few years ago, I headed to where I might see a moonrise over some cooperative ocotillo. Ocotillo is OOF a bit, but still an enjoyable sight to remember

Specific Feedback Requested

Enjoy

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

2 Likes

Dick, Beautiful composition. Like the framing symmetrically by brush of the sun.

1 Like

Great idea to find a location with both elements, Dick. And wonderful that you made a photo that captured detail in both the sky and the landscape.
What I might suggest is cropping to eliminate some of the foreground and placing the horizon at about the lower 1/3 point of framing. And then get the trial version of Topaz Sharpen AI and see if it can acceptably take care of the OOF foreground and ocotillo.

Thanks … this is with Sharpen AI. Unfortunately I did not craft the exposure well at the time … darkness and inexperience. I could crop the bottom, but I am afraid that would draw more attention to the OOF ocotillo. Hopefully in 2022.

Prego Mario. Actually the moon.

Dick, this is an inviting moonrise view with the ocotillo “holding up” the moon nicely. There are several artifacts that suggest that this is a composite, in spite of your recorded response. The rock along the ridge between the two ocotillo is much more blurred than it’s surroundings. There a bright strip along the lower half of the right hand edge that typically appears when multiple images can not be perfectly aligned.

Actually it is one exposure. Sharpening software had a heckuva time with the center bush, maybe because of its tangency with the BG hill. As I said, the focus of this is a mess, but the desert experience is conveyed I hope.

Beautiful moonrise, Dick. I like the contrast of the green in the foreground with the yellow-orange moonrise.

Gorgeous image Dick! The colors in the moon rise and sky coupled with the foreground detail and lighting gives me an other worldly impression. Just too bad the ocotillo is not sharper, but otherwise a really great image!