Artists Point

Description:

A shot from this classic location in Yellowstone. This particular day, the temp was close to zero with a cold wind blowing directly into my face when I captured this image. Still beautiful. Loved seeing the ice mound growing in front of the falls.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? No

Olympus EM1-II, 40-150mm, f/2.8 @ 125mm
1/800, f/8, ISO 200

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ā€˜igā€™ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Classic locations have their own merits, but the conditions can make them really special. I like the ā€œice mountainā€ as well and the texture of frozen water behind. There is something special to being at a place during a different season and seeing a different view than ā€œusualā€.

As good of a winter shot as I have seen of this iconic location. I get cold just looking at it.

Keith: Yellowstone in winter is really high on my bucket list. This is just marvelous. Wonderful scene superbly captured. >=))>

Hi Keith, your photo grabbed my eye and sure enough, I was there back in August 2018. So cool to see it in the Winter. I like your dead-on perspective and vertical orientation, both of which help to highlight the main subject. The bit of fog hanging over the top adds some interest also.