Asian Elephant Family

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Elephant family leisurely strolling on jungle track.

Specific Feedback

Any.

Technical Details

Canon R 5; 500 mm; ISO 500; 1/800 sec. at f 5.6

1 Like

I love how the young one is framed by its elders, and all of them by the trees beside the track. I’d like to see the branch near the left elephant’s head removed, but that’s a minor point. A beautiful, peaceful scene.

1 Like

I would think this is an extremely unique scene along a pathway like this, J. I’m sure it’s more normal that they might be in-line walking along. Also, to catch a family in this side by side single frame is a real catch. Very nice image… :sunglasses:

1 Like

I will echo Paul’s point that normally we see young ones and adults in a line and so I didn’t realize how perfectly shaped the two are to go together. The curves of the baby and the adult on the left matches up so well and I can see them fitting tightly to protect the youngster and not mashing it. Do you think the one on the right is an older sibling? I love how this tells their story so well - elephant families are so important and almost unique in the animal world.

1 Like

Such a fun family shot. I wondered the same thing as @Kris_Smith; is the animal on the right an older sibling? Nicely seen, framed, and shot.

1 Like

Thank you so much friends !
@Kris_Smith @terryb I believe the one on right is the mother and left one is another elephant, which is pregnant.