Atchu + B&W Version

I rearranged a couple of them in Ps for a little more order (if there is such a thing as order in an image like this).

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Shake It If You Must
Tip And Pour To Get The Most
Twist And Dash To Suit

Just a fun image to make, no special setup, just a camera and a flash.

Specific Feedback

I’m mostly interested in the color and whether or not it feels balanced.
I would also like to know if it has enough texture.

Technical Details

A7R IV, 90mm Macro, f18, 1/250s, ISO 100, Magnification 1:1.5, Lr for cropping, vignetting and overall basic color adjustments, Ps for border and minor cloning.

Merv, what a neat find. I like the mix of colors and textures. I’m guessing that they are at different stages. This is one of those images that could make a puzzle.

Mmmm tasty!

Neat idea. Our pepper is probably not quite as photogenic. The arrangement looks nicely random and the colors and textures work well together. It seems a trifle warm to me, but I wasn’t there so maybe it is. Somehow the bottom edge seems less nicely arranged than the top edge, but fiddling with these little things would be a pain!

Hi Kris, Yeah, I kinda sorta figured adding a bit of extra warming might be fitting for pepper :smiley:

You’re right, it would have been nice to have a better arrangement at the bottom, it took a few tries to get this one so I gave up and called it good, I guess I could have done some coloring but that seemed like too much work - :laughing:
I did gently shake all the tiny broken pieces to the other side though :slight_smile:

Whew, a puzzle, you are probably right but I wouldn’t want to try to put it together unless it was less than 10 pieces :laughing:

Ha, I just noticed that I added an ‘h’ to the title, it was supposed to be Atchu, not Athchu, you’d think I would have have checked that before posting :smiley: I could change it but nah! It’s OK,
What is the ‘proper’ way to spell the sound of a sneeze anyway?

Thanks you two! I appreciate the comments! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Shirley_Freeman & @Kris_Smith , I added a B&W version after rearranging a couple of peppers just for fun.
B&W seems appropriate for pepper, should have thought of that one earlier as well.

I don’t know why I never have trouble finding energy to edit other people images, but I’m too lazy to edit my own, wonder why that is :question: :roll_eyes:

Anyway, no need to leave a comment, unless you really want to (just sharing). :slight_smile:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I like the B&W, Merv. I can’t say much when it comes to editing. I can’t always get a chance to do my own or anyone else’s. I appreciate what you do here at NPN thought. Thank you!

Hi Shirley,
That is really nice to hear!!
I thoroughly enjoy helping others when I feel it’s OK to do so, ‘knowing when’ can be the hardest part for me.

Thanks again, Shirley!! :slight_smile:

1 Like