Autumn Along the Kanc

Capturing an image doesn’t get much easier than this one. I found this little gem after Mike and I stopped at a rest area along the Kancamagus Highway in NH during October of 2019. I originally shot this as a horizontal, but decided to crop from the right and left sides and go with a vertical for this weekly challenge. I was originally attracted to the splash of red with the maple, but then noticed the whites of the birch trunks as I was framing up the composition.

As always thanks for taking a moment to leave a thought.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D800, Nikon 80-200 @200mm, f 16 @ 0.3 sec, ISO 100, CPL, MLU, cable release & tripod

1 Like

Fall images don 't get much better than this, Ed. Great idea with the crop and to make that red the center of attention. My only small nit is that it’s a little too warm IMHO. That’s just my taste.

Ed, the white birch trunks are the spice in a fine fall scene. Your square crop works very well here as it nicely balances the colored leaves with the strong verticals.

Such a nice autumn image. So well balanced with the white trunks framing the red leaves in the center. While the red leaves are what catch the eye initially, the yellow and green added make a wonderful color palette. The black background serves to set this all off. Very nice.

Thanks so much for the kind words @Michael_Lowe , @Mark_Seaver and @Chris_Baird . I am glad you folks enjoyed the image as much as I did. This scene immediately caught my eye as we were parking the truck and I knew I had to photograph it.

@Michael_Lowe: I will check that out and see which I like better.