Bang, bang, bang

It’s always fun to go to parking lots after it has rained and look for art in the oil spills.

Specific Feedback Requested

I tried rotating this image in a number of orientations. I’m not sure which I like best. What do you think?

Technical Details

Chris, this is so cool. A first quick glance made me think of some kind of nebula! I love the colors and spray pattern. Now I’m thinking of “spin art” that we did at fairs as kids…remember those? This is quite stunning.

Chris,

Awesome! I was tricked and first thought it was a fireworks display!

And what a great idea to go looking at parking lots after a rain! I’ll have to keep that in my back pocket!

Excellent image!

Oil in a parking lot! I never thought of that. Good job of keeping your eyes open for the unusual shot in unusual place. Can’t wait until it rains again. I think I like the orientation as presented.

Nicely seen, Chris. Talk about making lemonade out of lemons, this is great. So many interpretations. I immediately thought of very colorful ink blots.

@Lon_Overacker @linda_mellor @Mark_Muller @gary_bennett Thanks to all for your comments. Much appreciated.

Very cool, both the idea and the execution!

1 Like

Chris, this is so cool. Now I have to find wet oil spills here in town. :slightly_smiling_face:

Right on target with your naming Chris. I love the explosive pattern and all the colours and details. I think this rotation really works as it closely resembles a shape we are all familiar with. Us :smile:

Chris, as presented there’s a sense that this is a standing figure (maybe with hair on fire…or something like that). Quite the find looking down in a parking lot!

@AndreDonawa @linda_mellor @David_Bostock @Diane_Miller @Mark_Seaver That you all for the great comments.

1 Like