Beam Me Over

Image: Beam Me Over

Description: Setting sun creates a reflection across the channel from Santa Catalina island.

Specific Feedback Requested: anything, Taken from my phone. Feel a sense of beckoning from the island with a clear path laid out. More of a seascape than landscape.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Samsung Galaxy s10, ISO 50, 6 mm, f/2.4, 1/16000 sec. Processing with LR, cropped for composition. minor color adjustment to decreased hightlights.

Uploading: Beam Me Over.jpg…

Marlin, the long beam of reflected light leading to the distant land speaks very well with respect to watching the late afternoon light. The fact that it’s almost colorless (grey and bright) is a good change-of-pace. Since the topic description asks for, “reflections only”, I’m finding the foreground trees to be too much land. I’d probably let it pass if you only had the thin strip of land at the top. If you want to try a cropped version without the foreground trees, I’ll leave that here, if you want to show this version, I need to move it to Landscape.

Thank you for reviewing this image. I wasn’t sure if it would qualify, either. I did some changes to the crop and slightly to the exposure. I think the wider frame shows the edges of the light near the island to fade to dark, which I think adds to the feel. Than you for the suggestion. I respect your choice of where

ever you think it will show best.