Bluebell Buds, nurtured

Image Description

Warm weather in late Feb./early Mar. had the Bluebells starting to bloom. Then we had an extended cold spell, when the buds largely stopped growing. In walking through patches of Bluebells, I was struck by how hidden the early buds are and how they seem to be wrapped in young leaves and surrounded by older leaves, creating a sense that these delicate, but critical parts of the plant were being protected.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

got what I wanted

Technical Details

a 40 shot stack, 180 mm macro, tripod & 2s timer

1 Like

Wow , this is a gorgeous shot of these Bluebells. I love that they are so tucked away in the pod. Isn’t nature a marvel!! The colors of the flowers and leaves blend in so well. The only thing that keeps drawing my eye is that diagonal purple out of focus line that is near the lower BRC. It doesn’t seem to fit in with the leaf. Beautifully done!!!

This is like a secret pocket, Mark. I love the out looking in aspect. The colors are fresh and the details clear. I haven’t ever seen bluebells much, but I do remember their complex shape and I like that you can see that even at this stage. I wonder at the OOF leaves in the corners - I see why you included them as a framing device, but not sure we need as much as you have. Subjective, true and there may have been no better way other than to prune and I don’t think you do that. Looking forward to photos of them blooming. They are so lovely. I can’t remember; do they have a scent?

Unusual and gorgeous! All said above! I am bothered by the OOF leaf edge in the LR but otherwise I find it perfect!

A unique image of flowers and leaves. I like the colors and textures. I wonder about a 5x4 crop to remove some of the leaf in the right lower corner as it does draw the eye a bit.