Bringing home breakfast

Description:

This photograph was taken at Rocky Neck State Park, Ct., on July 19, at 8:27 AM. This Osprey was working hard to feed three juveniles.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested:

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon R5, Sigma 150-600mm, F6.3, 600mm, 1/3200, -1EV, ISO 6400. The shot was cropped by 60% into a 4/3. In DXO Photo Lab 4 I used a local brush to adjust the wind and DeepPrime for noise reduction.
Is this a composite?
No (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Yes I would like to be eligible, but I am not a Istagram user.

Welcome post shot with wonderful detail and action. Always nice to catch an Osprey in-flight with its meal. The only thing I might change is reducing some of the green saturation in the back.

And amazing to catch one with a WHOLE fish, at least out here! Nice shot! Agree with @David_Schoen on the greens but the BG is lovely otherwise.

HI David
Thank you for the comment, here is a re-post of the Osprey with a little less green.
Peter

Nice shot of the Osprey, Peter, and the fish is pretty cool. I do wish he’d turned toward you, but not much you can do about that. I like the softer greens of the repost.

Hi Peter,

Repost has ideal greens for the BG. A little better head would be suitable, but that’s for next time. Wing position is good and whites have detail. Well done…Jim