Canyon Layers

Funny, I was just about to post this image in the landscape gallery and remembered to check out the weekly challenge first and found that it fits pretty well this week!

When light hits the wall of a huge sandstone canyon, the orange glow is just magical. When I was walking along a twisty narrow canyon, these layers lined up nice and the difference in their texture and tone happened to catch my eye.

Brent, this is a great semi-abstract rock view, with the alternating diagonals, alternating brightness and the lines of desert varnish. Those plants at the right edge were a fun find that had me grinning when I found them in the larger view. Well seen.

A lovely juxtaposition of these different canyon walls. Such variation in color and patterns.

Great lines and layers in this image, Brent. A lot going on to keep a viewer looking for more discoveries.

Brent,

Fabulous job of compressing this scene in to these great layers. Great job with the colors and balance in light and contrasts. Beautifully seen and photographed.

Lon

This is really nice, Brent. Great layering of depth, tone, color and texture. You got it all going on.

I love the textures in this image, you can feel the rock by looking at the image. Well done

Brent: Well seen, composed and captured. The light and shadow play is especially nice. :+1::+1: >=))>

Thanks all!