Cascade in the Forest

I took this image as one of many while I was walking along this small stream in Czechia mountains. What I do like about it is the creek flow in the frame and some foliage colors. What I don’t like as much, is the surroundings, which was pretty dull and took significant work to diminish its importance in the frame.

Specific Feedback Requested

CTC - Composition, Tonalities, Color. These are things that always make me overthink my shots. I’m not sure if I didn’t go overboard with greens’ saturation in this frame. (Edit: And I believe I do have a yellowish color cast in the frame this time :wink: )

Technical Details

Shot on tripod, probably with a CPL.

2 Likes

Hahahaha :joy: Andrzej is spotting those color cast now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :wink:

Thats good! I’m glad you’re starting to spot that color cast now, and yes, there is a yellow tinge :slightly_smiling_face:
You already addressed one of the three suggestions I was going to make. Next desaturate the greens, and lastly, push the highlights a little more. I’d like to see some more luminosity in the stream. You have plenty of room to make that area bright before it clips. I would make that adjustment globally as well.

DT

A very pleasing and interesting image, to me! @David_Thompson’s suggestions will bring the image more toward reality, but I think the unusual colors and tonalities add some mystery.